Steve Jobs: CEO of the Decade
Dec 30, 2009, 07:33 (2 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Adam Lashinsky)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"How's this for a gripping corporate story line: Youthful
founder gets booted from his company in the 1980s, returns in the
1990s, and in the following decade survives two brushes with death,
one securities-law scandal, an also-ran product lineup, and his own
often unpleasant demeanor to become the dominant personality in
four distinct industries, a billionaire many times over, and CEO of
the most valuable company in Silicon Valley.
"Sound too far-fetched to be true? Perhaps. Yet it happens to be
the real-life story of Steve Jobs and his outsize impact on
everything he touches.
"The past decade in business belongs to Jobs. What makes that
simple statement even more remarkable is that barely a year ago it
seemed likely that any review of his accomplishments would be
valedictory. But by deeds and accounts, Jobs is back."
- Psystar Drops Mac Clones for Linux(Dec 29, 2009)
- Adding music to your iPhone(Dec 22, 2009)
- Frugal Friday: Corvettes, SFLC GPL Lawsuit, Apple Thought Police, FaceBook Privacy(Dec 19, 2009)
- FreeBSD Shines While Apple Fails(Dec 01, 2009)
- Lack of Innovation a Commonality for Microsoft, Apple(Nov 18, 2009)
- Control Issues: Why Apple Doesn’t Want You to Use Linux(Nov 13, 2009)