Has Cloud Computing Jumped the Shark?
Jan 05, 2010, 23:02 (2 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by James Maguire)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to James
Maguire for this link. ]
"The recent Barron's magazine cover story, Sky's the
Limit, reports on the headlong rush among tech companies to get
into cloud computing. The concept of the cloud, once limited to IT
geeks, has become so fashionable that every last tech firm is now a
cloud vendor -- or at least they play one on the Internet.
"The article starts with a breathless quote from Riverbed
Technology CEO Jerry Kennelly:
""If you don't have a 'cloud story,' you better get one."
"Goodness, that's a definitive statement. Apparently it's no
longer enough to provide best-of-breed tech service. Now you have
to do it remotely over the Internet. Bulking up your own in-house
data center is just so 2006."
- The Great Open Source Netbook Interface Race(Jan 05, 2010)
- Top Storage Stories of 2009: RAID, Clouds, SSDs and Mergers(Dec 31, 2009)
- How Google and the cloud changed my company(Dec 29, 2009)
- Cloud Computing with Chromium and Jolicloud: Two Steps Back(Dec 22, 2009)
- Clouds, Universities, The One, and What It Is.(Dec 22, 2009)