Does VMware buying Zimbra from Yahoo make sense?
Jan 06, 2010, 14:37 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to Steven J.
Vaughan-Nichols for this link. ]
"We don't for certain that VMware, the giant
proprietary virtualization company, is buying Zimbra, the
open-source e-mail server company from Yahoo, but that's the news
from the rumor-mill. But, it's not just any rumor, Kara Swisher, a
columnist at the Wall Street Journal and one of the most respected
technology reporters around, started the story off when she wrote
that Yahoo was close to selling Zimbra to VMware. Since then other
sources, including some of my own, have confirmed that the deal is
close to happening. The real question is: "Why VMware?"
"The question isn't, "Why is Yahoo trying to sell Zimbra?" If
you follow Yahoo you know why that is. Yahoo needs cash for its
disgruntled stockholders who still aren't happy that Microsoft
didn't buy them out."
- Yahoo Issues Takedown Notice for Spying Price List(Dec 07, 2009)
- Yahoo's Open Source Zimbra Gets Social(Oct 01, 2009)
- Comes Antitrust: How Microsoft Schemed to Destroy Borland (Like It Did Yahoo!)(Sep 14, 2009)
- Yahoo filing reveals more details of Microsoft deal(Aug 05, 2009)
- Microsoft's Bing and Yahoo – The Bahoo Bonanza(Jul 30, 2009)
- Night of the living Yahoo(Jul 29, 2009)
- Eyeing Google, Splashtop partners with Yahoo for instant-on web search(Jul 25, 2009)
- Yahoo Search Script Fixed - Looking Backward At My Linux And Unix Mistakes(Jan 05, 2009)
- Finding Your Yahoo Search Index Rank From The Unix Or Linux CLI(Dec 31, 2008)
- Ax Falls at Yahoo as Yang Notes 'Tough Times'(Dec 11, 2008)
- Create a Yahoo! SearchMonkey application(Oct 17, 2008)