LCA 2010: Kiwis to give FOSS desktop a go
Jan 25, 2010, 15:03 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Sam Varghese)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to Sam
Varghese for this link. ]
"New Zealand will begin a test of a homegrown free and
open source desktop solution next month, with the Horizons Regional
Council to be one of the guinea pigs, according to the president of
the country's open source society.
"Don Christie told iTWire today that 14 government agencies had
joined the project which looked for an alternative desktop
solution, with each providing some financial input.
"The council in question is in the middle of the North Island.
Additionally, the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet and New
Zealand Post will be part of the trial."
- Veteran, 17, extols virtues of FOSS(Jan 24, 2010)
- LCA 2010: Allison warns of patent traps in Mono(Jan 22, 2010)
- From India with code(Jan 21, 2010)
- LCA 2010: How FOSS spreads to the home(Jan 20, 2010)
- LCA 2010: an encounter with the other Andrew(Jan 20, 2010)
- LCA 2010: Spreading the FOSS message to the masses(Jan 19, 2010)
- LCA 2010: Wanna kill a FOSS community?(Jan 19, 2010)
- LCA 2010: Boost for open govt mini-conf(Jan 11, 2010)