For Sale: Linux OS and Other Assorted Assets
Mar 11, 2010, 16:03 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Paul Rubens)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"The enterprise Linux space has suddenly got very interesting
following the news that a bunch of sharp-suited New Yorkers have
made an offer to buy SUSE Linux's parent company, Novell...
"So for anyone interested in buying an enterprise Linux
business, bids start at around $1 billion for SUSE, or more than
$4.5 billion -- and probably closer to $6 billion -- for Red Hat.
Put like that, SUSE looks inexpensive. In the clash of the Linuxes
there's little doubt that the majority believe Red Hat is the
better one -- but is it six times better, as the price differential
(which admittedly includes all the "extras") suggests?"
- Day 2 of the SCO v. Novell Trial - Opening argument - Updated Repeatedly - 1st Witness, Frankenberg(Mar 11, 2010)
- The Linux desktop is already here(Mar 10, 2010)
- Why Microsoft Can't Afford To Let Novell Die(Mar 09, 2010)
- Firm Behind Novell Bid Has Shady Past, Could be Tied to Microsoft(Mar 05, 2010)
- Elliott Associates and Novell: All About a Game of Cat and Mouse(Mar 04, 2010)
- Elliot Associates' worrisome Novell plans(Mar 04, 2010)
- Novell president's pay goes down to $5.7m(Mar 03, 2010)
- Novell Soars on Takeover Offer(Mar 02, 2010)