Fonality: Goodbye Open Source, Hello Cloud
Apr 14, 2010, 20:33 (0 Talkback[s])
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
[ Thanks to The
VAR Guy for this link. ]
"Fonality is jumping off one bandwagon and leaping onto
another. The company previously positioned itself as an open source
IP PBX phone system provider. But going forward, Fonality is
pitching itself as a leading provider of cloud-based phone systems
and unified communications for small business. The repositioning
also includes a recent CEO change. Here’s a look at
Fonality’s new strategy, and the implications for VARs.
"At first glance, Fonality has enjoyed some solid success in the
IP telephony market. The company’s Q4 2009 sales rose 20% vs.
Q4 2008. Similarly, Fonality acquired 28% more customers in Q4 2009
vs. Q4 2008."
- How Google and the cloud changed my company(Dec 29, 2009)
- Gateways in sipXecs 4.0: Part 1(Aug 26, 2009)
- Localization and Practical Security in Asterisk 1.4: Part 1(Aug 13, 2009)
- Six Linux softphone's list(Apr 20, 2009)
- Securing Your trixbox Server(Mar 18, 2009)
- Fonality CEO Discusses Digium Rivalry, Asterisk And Open Source(Jan 30, 2009)
- Fonality Sends Open Source Relief to US Gulf Coast(Sep 19, 2008)
- Fonality, Backed By Intel, Plans Open Source Acquisitions(Sep 04, 2008)