Red Hat: The one true open source company?
May 26, 2010, 17:32 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Ted Samson)
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
"Oracle boasts an extensive list of free and open source
software, now more than ever with its recent acquisition of Sun.
IBM is a key contributor to the Linux kernel and dozens of other
high-profile open source projects. Google has released millions of
lines of code of Android, Chrome, and GWT (Google Web Toolkit) for
"But none of the aforementioned companies nor their free
offerings would constitute open source companies, at least as
defined by Paul Cormier, Red Hat's president of products and
technologies, in a recent interview."
- Red Hat Commercializes deltaCloud, Eyes a More Open Cloud(May 22, 2010)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 & CentOS 3 end-of-life announced
(May 07, 2010)
- The Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Kernel: What Is It?(May 04, 2010)
- Red Hat Extends Linux Subscriptions to Cloud Computing(Apr 28, 2010)
- Enterprise Linux(Apr 26, 2010)
- Linux KVM virtualization gains steam in cloud computing market(Apr 26, 2010)
- Red Hat (and KVM) are still RHEL-evant(Apr 24, 2010)
- At Last, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6(Apr 21, 2010)