Microsoft COO Paints Google As An Evil Empire
Jul 15, 2010, 09:04 (3 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to The
VAR Guy for this link. ]
"Microsoft COO Kevin Turner this morning took
aggressive shots at Apple, Oracle, Linux, VMware and Google —
even painting Google as a Big Brother-type company that tries to
say they're not evil in their mission statement. During a keynote
at Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference 2010 (WPC10), Turner
described how Microsoft's mobile, desktop and cloud strategy will
allow the software giant to beat back top competitors. Turner also
described market share gains against Apple, VMware and Google.
Here's a recap.
"Turner attempted to provide a reality check on multiple
competitive fronts. Among the highlights:"
- Bad Stuff About Facebook, But Not What You Think(May 26, 2010)
- Editor's Note: What Jon Stewart Said, I Say Too. A lot.(May 14, 2010)
- Smearing Free Software is a Terrible Business/Marketing Strategy(Apr 22, 2010)
- Microsoft Plays the Open Source Software Game(Apr 13, 2010)
- Linux, Where Crapware Goes to Die(Apr 01, 2010)
- Open Source Gets Political(Mar 21, 2010)
- All Hail Our Benevolent Corporate Overlords(Mar 10, 2010)
- Microsoft's Internet Driving Licence: stupid, unworkable and unenforceable(Mar 10, 2010)