OpenOffice saves a company budget
Aug 31, 2010, 14:35 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jack Wallen)
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
"This past week I was troubleshooting an issue a client had.
This issue had been haunting the client for some time and no one
could figure out what was going on. Here's the scenario.
* Client worked with businesses and banks using various MS Word
* When templates were finished they had to be printed.
* Half of the employees could print correctly and the other half
had serious printing issues.
* All employees used terminal server and ran the templates from MS
* The employees that had trouble printing had MS Office 2007
* The employees that didn't have trouble printing had MS Office
2003 (or no MS Office at all) installed."