Setting Up An OpenVPN Server With Authentication Against OpenLDAP On Ubuntu 10.0
Sep 29, 2010, 17:03 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Eddie Chan)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
[ Thanks to Falko
Timme for this link. ]
"OpenVPN, or Open Virtual Private Network, is a tool
for creating networking "tunnels" between and among groups of
computers that are not on the same local network. This is useful if
you have services on a local network and need to access them
remotely but don't want these services to be publicly accessible.
By integrating with OpenSSL, OpenVPN can encrypt all VPN traffic to
provide a secure connection between machines.
"The OpenLDAP backend of iRedmail allows you to integrate all
kinds of applications and to realize centralized account
management. This tutorial shows you how to integrate OpenVPN into
the iredmail ldap backend on Ubuntu 10.04; passwords will be stored
in ldap and you can change passwords through webmail.
"This tutorial is based on Ubuntu 10.04, so I suggest you set up
a minimal Ubuntu 10.04 system with SSH; make sure you install all
updates. Install iredmail 0.6.1 and choose openldap as backend, as
shown in this tutorial:"
- Setting Up A Mail Server Using Exim4, Clamav, Dovecot, SpamAssassin And Many Mor(Sep 23, 2010)
- How To Set Up A Wireless Network Using WPA/WPA2 With Radius Authentication With CIITIX-WiFi(Sep 22, 2010)
- How To Automatically Add A Disclaimer To Outgoing Emails With alterMIME (Postfix(Sep 22, 2010)
- How To Set Up WebDAV With Apache2 On OpenSUSE 11.3(Sep 15, 2010)
- vtiger Installation On CentOS 5.x(Sep 10, 2010)
- ISPConfig3 - DNS Templates(Sep 07, 2010)
- Installing Liferay 6.0.5 Community Edition Bundled With Tomcat On Ubuntu 10.04(Sep 02, 2010)
- Using ATA Over Ethernet (AoE) On Ubuntu 10.04 (Initiator And Target)(Aug 25, 2010)