Attachmate reveals little about plans for SUSE
Dec 23, 2010, 13:04 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Brian Proffitt)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to Amy for this link.
"Many are wondering what will happen to SUSE Linux and
openSUSE if and when Novell is acquired by Attachmate.
"The word on the street is that it is likely the whole SUSE
product line will get bundled up into a single entity and sold off
to another company, as Attachmate carves up Novell and sells off
all of the good parts.
"In an effort to figure out just what's going to happen,
openSUSE Community Manager Jos Poortvliet conducted an "interview"
with Jeff Hawn, chairman and CEO of Attachmate that appeared
earlier this week on openSUSE News."
- Top 10 Distribution Developments in 2010(Dec 17, 2010)
- Novell's patents bought by Microsoft, Apple, EMC, & Oracle(Dec 16, 2010)
- Roll your own Linux distribution with Novell's SUSE Studio(Dec 16, 2010)
- It's Not Easy Being Green: Life for SUSE with Attachmate(Nov 30, 2010)
- Five reasons to be grumpy about 2010 --
2010 begins Oracle's reign of terror(Nov 30, 2010)
- Novell Sells Out to Attachmate, Leaves the Future of Suse Linux Unclear(Nov 24, 2010)