"An operating system consists of a collection of system
software, designed for different purposes, serving different task
sets. Each of these programs requires to be monitored by the
operating system or the system administrator in order to know
whether it is working properly or not.
"In this article by Sarath Lakshman, author of Linux Shell
Scripting Cookbook, we will cover:
* Disk usage hacks
* Calculating the execution time for a command
* Printing the 10 most frequently-used commands
* Listing the top 10 CPU consuming process in 1 hour
* Monitoring command outputs with watch
* Remote disk usage health monitoring"