Linux patent suit ruled against Google
Apr 21, 2011, 21:22 (4 Talkback[s])
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
"A Texas jury has ruled against Google in a suit that alleged
some of its use of open-source Linux code amounted to patent
infringement, something that could have big implications for other
companies using Linux technology and other open-source systems.
"In the verdict, delivered last week, the jury decided that
Google should pay $5 million for the infringement."
- Google goes shopping for patents(Apr 06, 2011)
- What is the Value of Red Hat's Patents?(Mar 29, 2011)
- Software patents are a distraction(Mar 03, 2011)
- On Linux, Software Patents, Shakespeare & the Web(Feb 28, 2011)
- A possible game changer for invalidating bad software patents(Feb 04, 2011)
- CPTN Holdings is still trying to buy Novell's patents(Jan 12, 2011)
- Patents do not protect small firms, says trade body(Dec 18, 2010)