Ubuntu CTO Matt Zimmerman leaving. Good Luck and thanks for all the fish.
May 08, 2011, 19:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"Zimmerman happily helped a hapless journo (me) in IRC no less,
when I first started to write about Ubuntu back in 2005. Ubuntu
didn't have real PR at the time, but Zimmerman was there as CTO
answering my questions without a PR/marketing filter with
exceptional clarity. Last year (even with Ubuntu having real PR), I
had lunch with Zimmerman in Boston, where we chatted about Unity
and the future of Ubuntu.
"Zimmerman is now leaving Ubuntu.
"I for one am sad to see him go. Zimmerman has helped to lead
Ubuntu's platform engineering efforts since the project's
inception. He has been the voice of technical reason that has kept
the project on track and delivering on its regular and predictable
- Canonical, Ubuntu Linux, CTO leaves(May 06, 2011)
- The Perfect Desktop - Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty Narwhal)(May 06, 2011)
- Ubuntu 11.04: Is Natty Narwhal the best Linux desktop ever?(May 05, 2011)
- How To Secure Your Ubuntu 10.10 Desktop With LinOTP 2(May 05, 2011)
- Step By Step Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty) LAMP Server Setup(May 04, 2011)
- After Natty Narwhal, now begins the wait for Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot(May 04, 2011)
- Ubuntu 11.04, Natty Narwhal: Successes and Failures(May 03, 2011)
- Ubuntu 11.04, The Natty Narwhal RELEASED!(Apr 28, 2011)
- Deployment Ease, Experimentation Highlights of Ubuntu 11.04(Apr 26, 2011)