Track Multiple Files Simultaneously With MultiTail
May 11, 2011, 06:07 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Joe Brockmeier)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
[ Thanks to Amy Newman for this link.
"What's MultiTail? It's an ncurses utility that can display
multiple files using 'windows' (much like GNU Screen or Tmux) in a
terminal or at the console. It also supports color highlighting,
filtering and much more.
"To get MultiTail, head over to the download page or see if your
operating system already has packages. On Debian-based systems, you
should need to look for only the multitail package. The project
released an update (5.2.8) on April 14, so the most recent release
probably won't be in your upstream package repo just yet."
- 4Pane - A multi-pane, detailed-list file manager for Linux(Jan 11, 2011)
- Cisco Details Enterprise Security Threats(Jul 28, 2010)
- Stealing login details with a Google Chrome extension(Jul 11, 2010)
- A Detailed Look At The ATI Linux Power Management(May 11, 2010)
- Secret Anti-Piracy Treaty Details Going Public(Apr 20, 2010)
- Sting in the tail for web's video codec search(Mar 22, 2010)
- Ubuntu's Linux Retail Strategy Gears Up for 2010(Mar 04, 2010)
- China Details Homemade Supercomputer Plans(Jan 25, 2010)
- Problem with continuous monitoring of files with tail command(Dec 29, 2009)