Webopedia Term of the Day: What is a micro server?
May 13, 2011, 16:01 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Webopedia)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"A micro server (may also be written as microserver or
MicroServer) is a small server appliance that works like a server.
Micro servers are off-the-shelf appliances that are designed for
ease of installation and maintenance. A micro server will come with
the operating system, hardware and software preinstalled and
configured by the manufacturer. Some configuration functions of the
micro server may be performed by the end-user through a touch panel
and access to the server appliance is through a Web browser.
"A micro server is a popular choice for small- to medium-sized
businesses that need a server but do not need a full-scale rack or
tower server. Micro servers are also used by corporations that
operate with minimal IT staff at local or branch offices.
"A micro server may also be called a server appliance."
- Webopedia Fun Term of the Day: What is a Lamer?(May 05, 2011)
- Webopedia Term of the Day: What is a Linux server?(Apr 11, 2011)
- Webopedia Term of The Day: Linux boot(Mar 28, 2011)
- Webopedia TOTD: What is Cloud Computing, Anyway?(Jun 17, 2010)
- Webopedia Term of the Day: What is Cupcake?(Jun 15, 2010)
- Webopedia TOTD: Open Source Tools Defined(Jun 11, 2010)
- Webopedia Term of the Day: BogoMips Defined(Jun 26, 2009)
- Webopedia Cool Terms of The Day: Want some chips and salsa?(Jun 24, 2009)
- Webopedia Term of the Day: Web as a platform(Apr 08, 2009)
- Webopedia Terms of the Day: bliki and blog storm(Apr 03, 2009)
- Webopedia Term of the Day: 802.11n(Apr 01, 2009)