Attachmate Exec Takes Control of SUSE Linux
May 18, 2011, 16:08 (8 Talkback[s])
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
[ Thanks to James
Maguire for this link. ]
"In 2003, Novell acquired SUSE Linux, bringing the German Linux
distribution under Novell's direction. Now eight years later, SUSE
Linux is being spun out from Novell, as is its own separate
business unit, owned by Attachmate.
"Attachmate has now appointed Nils Brauckmann as president and
general manager of the new SUSE Linux business.
"We now have a SUSE Linux business unit inside of Attachmate and
we are focused on the SUSE business and brand," Brauckmann said.
"We have a renewed focus on Linux."
- Mono Reborn in Xamarin, thanks to Miguel de Icaza(May 17, 2011)
- Novell will continue to support LibreOffice(May 11, 2011)
- Re-inventing SuSE and Three Futures for Mono(May 09, 2011)
- Is Mono dead? Is Novell dying?(May 05, 2011)
- Attachmate lays off Novell Mono developers(May 04, 2011)
- Attachmate reveals Novell, SUSE, & Linux Plans(May 01, 2011)
- Novell Sale to Attachmate Completed(Apr 28, 2011)