Dell Chooses Debian for new SMB System Management Appliance
Jul 14, 2011, 17:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"The Dell KACE M300 Asset Management Appliance family is
targeted for management of deployment of between 50 and 200 managed
nodes. Dell KACE already has a pair of appliances in the market for
larger deployments, including the K1000, which was updated in 2010.
Dell (NASDAQ: DELL) acquired KACE in February 2010 in an effort to
beef up its compliance and systems management offerings....
"In terms of what runs under the hood, the M300 takes a
different direction from Dell KACE's larger K1000 appliance. The
K1000 uses an open source FreeBSD operating system as its base. In
contrast, the new M300 uses a Debian Linux operating system."
- Dell does it again - promises Linux, makes it impossible to order(Apr 28, 2011)
- Rackspace, Dell push OpenStack cloud OS
(Mar 09, 2011)
- Dell Inspiron M101z review - AMD and Ubuntu in a Dell?!(Mar 04, 2011)
- Dell Partners With Ubuntu for Linux Cloud Computing Technology(Feb 03, 2011)
- Canonical & Dell bring private Ubuntu Clouds to Servers(Feb 02, 2011)
- Dell Joins Novell for Linux Appliances(Jan 25, 2011)
- Buying a Dell without Windows is not easy, but possible(Dec 29, 2010)
- The good and bad news about Dell and Ubuntu(Nov 30, 2010)