digiKam Software Collection 2.0.0 is out...
Aug 01, 2011, 08:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"The road to version 2.0.0 took more than a year of heavy
development. The team proudly announces the first release of the
new generation of digiKam. This version features long awaited face
detection and recognition, image versioning support, XMP metadata
sidecar files support, big improvements in tagging and marking
photos, reversed geo-tagging and many other improvements, including
a total of 236 fixed bugs.
Close companion Kipi-plugins is released along with digiKam
2.0.0. This release features new export tools to three web services
- Yandex.Fotki, MediaWiki and Rajce. The GPSSync plugin now has the
ability to do reverse-geocoding. And as usual, 48 bugfixes.
- A Simple Python Script to Launch digiKam(Jul 27, 2011)
- Process Photos with digiKam’s Batch Queue Manager and a Bash Script(Jul 12, 2011)
- digiKam Software Collection 2.0.0 beta6 is out...(Jun 08, 2011)
- digiKam 2.0 beta review - the ultimate open source image editor(Jun 01, 2011)
- New Features in digiKam 2.0: XMP: Sidecar(May 13, 2011)
- Process RAW Files in�digiKam(May 05, 2011)
- RAW Magic In Digikam: Understanding RAW Photo Settings(Apr 27, 2011)
- Generate HTML Photo Galleries with�digiKam(Apr 27, 2011)
- New Features in digiKam 2.0: Face�Recognition(Apr 13, 2011)
- New Features in digiKam 2.0:�Geolocation(Mar 24, 2011)