Big Data Attracts Big Money
Nov 18, 2011, 18:01 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Sean Michael Kerner)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to Paul
Shread for this link. ]
"The move towards Big Data and NoSQL is being fuelled by big
money, as investors bet on the next big thing in technology.
"One of those venture capitalists is Frank Artale, a partner
with Ignition Partners and an investor in Apache Hadoop startup
Cloudera and NoSQL vendor Couchbase. In an exclusive interview with
InternetNews.com, Artale explained that Ignition wanted to have a
footprint in cloud and Big Data for a variety of reasons.
"In his view, there is the potential for several large
multi-billion dollar companies to exist in the Big Data space,
which is one of the reasons the firm invested in Cloudera."
- Big Data, MapReduce, Hadoop, NoSQL: The Relational Technology Behind the Curtain(Oct 20, 2011)
- Gluster Goes After Hadoop Big Data(Aug 24, 2011)
- Hadoop, Big Data and Small Businesses(Aug 03, 2011)
- The big deal about big data(Jul 20, 2011)
- Big data and open source unlock genetic secrets(Jun 26, 2011)
- Informatica Overhauls Data Integration Platform for Big Data and Social Media(Jun 07, 2011)