Linux Controversies of 2011: Linux Mint is the Most Popular Distro
Dec 27, 2011, 16:08 (2 Talkback[s])
"The decline of Ubuntu and the corresponding rise of Linux Mint
is one of the bigger Linux controversies of 2011.
Ubuntu's introduction of Unity alienated a non-trivial portion
of the Ubuntu user-base which then went looking for a new home
– and found it in Linux Mint.
How big was the exodus from Ubuntu to Mint?
That's difficult if not impossible to accurately measure.
- Linux Mint's Cinnamon: A GNOME 3.x shell fork(Dec 31, 2011)
- Linux Top 5: Linux Mint 12 Revives 'Classic' GNOME Desktop(Dec 02, 2011)
- Linux Mint 12: A much-needed, much-improved Linux desktop(Dec 01, 2011)
- Does Linux Mint 12 Measure Up?(Nov 30, 2011)
- Linux Mint 12: A Great desktop Linux stays Great(Nov 29, 2011)
- Linux Mint 12 Released - The Peacemaker?(Nov 29, 2011)
- Linux Mint 12's Three Desktops(Nov 22, 2011)
- Linux Mint: The new Ubuntu?(Nov 13, 2011)
- Linux Mint Pulls Ahead of Ubuntu(Nov 09, 2011)