Facebook IPO Highlights Hacker Culture
Feb 02, 2012, 22:00 (3 Talkback[s])
No-Size-Fits-All! An Application-Down Approach for Your Cloud Transformation
"While revenue growth is likely to slow at Facebook, the company
has made it clear in its S1 that it intends to maintain its
developer culture. It's a culture that CEO Mark Zukerberg refers to
as, "The Hacker Way."
"The word 'hacker' has an unfairly negative connotation from
being portrayed in the media as people who break into computers,"
Zuckerberg wrote. "In reality, hacking just means building
something quickly or testing the boundaries of what can be done.
Like most things, it can be used for good or bad, but the vast
majority of hackers I've met tend to be idealistic people who want
to have a positive impact on the world."
- Facebook shuts down EventPress development(Dec 30, 2011)
- Facebook Accelerates PHP with HipHop Virtual Machine(Dec 12, 2011)
- Facebook shares some secrets on making MySQL scale(Dec 08, 2011)
- Stallman: Facebook IS Mass Surveillance(Dec 06, 2011)
- Facebook Opens Up Open Compute(Oct 27, 2011)
- How Apple, Google and Facebook Will Take Away Your Control(Oct 06, 2011)
- Facebook's Flashcache For The Linux Kernel(Sep 29, 2011)
- Red Hat CEO: Google, Facebook owe it all to Linux, open source(Aug 19, 2011)