Which Open Source CMS Is Right for Your Business?
Mar 06, 2012, 16:04 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Vangie Beal)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
"'There's more acceptance and awareness of open source CMS in
the enterprise today, but there's also more options,' she said.
'Ten years ago the projects existed but there [weren't] many
options for a commercial entity to engage with.'
"Having a commercial partner is key for large businesses using
open source software, and for some organizations it might be a
requirement. Instead of buying software, what you purchase is the
commercial package -- a subscription for add-ons, custom code,
updates and support from a reputable service partner.
"In the mid-market, companies are more apt to have a team
responsible for building on the open source CMS to make it work for
- Alfresco Embraces SaaS and the Cloud with Its New CMS Platform(Feb 03, 2012)
- WordPress 3.3 Improves Usability in Open Source CMS(Dec 13, 2011)
- SoundOff: Best open source CMS updates of 2011(Nov 10, 2011)
- Joomla 1.7 Improves Open Source CMS(Jul 20, 2011)
- Open Source CMS Kajona V3.4.0 "berlin" is ready(Jun 22, 2011)
- Jahia 6.5 Enterprise CMS Arrives(Jun 13, 2011)
- Closed or Open Source: Which CMS is Right for Your Business?(Apr 06, 2011)
- Drupal 8 CMS Starts to Take Shape(Mar 10, 2011)
- Joomla vs. Drupal: An open source CMS shootout(Feb 15, 2011)
- 7 (More) Best Free and Open Source Content Management Systems (CMS)(May 21, 2010)
- You may want to avoid hacking your open source CMS(Apr 04, 2010)