Interview: Richard Stallman
Mar 21, 2012, 15:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"RMS: The Hurd needs lots of work to be competitive in practice
with Linux, but I don't keep track of the details.
The problem caused by having Linux under GPL v2 is that it can
be tivoized -- used in "tyrant" products that don't allow the user
to replace the operating system with her own version.
Let's assume the Hurd were practically as complete as Linux. The
Hurd does not allow tivoization, so it can't be used in tyrant
products. But that would not stop them from making tyrant products
-- they would use Linux instead.
- Richard Stallman Weighs In On The Check Engine Light(Feb 15, 2012)
- Facebook is a surveillance engine, not friend: Richard Stallman, Free Software Foundation(Feb 07, 2012)
- Linux Controversies of 2011: Does Richard Stallman Still Matter?(Dec 29, 2011)
- The Richard Stallman saga, redux(Nov 18, 2011)
- Richard Stallman's Personal Ad(Nov 11, 2011)
- Richard Stallman tells us the reason for taking to the streets on October 15th.(Oct 10, 2011)
- Richard Stallman Opts to Disobey Anti-Piracy Law(Jun 12, 2011)
- Richard Stallman: Break free of e-book 'chains'(Jun 08, 2011)
- Richard Stallman's Opinion On Dual Booting - 'Defenestrate It'(Jun 03, 2011)
- Interview with Richard Stallman (2011)(Feb 08, 2011)