Debian Down: Ian Murdock is Gone
Dec 31, 2015, 19:00 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Sean Michael Kerner)
Surprised, shocked and left wondering what really happened - these are the emotions I (and many others) feel about the passing of Ian Murdock, founder of Debian Linux.
On Monday night, like thousands of others, I saw (and retweeted) some of Ian Murdock's tweets about an alleged police abuse incident, today those tweets and the Murdock's twitter account itself has been deleted. All we know is that Murdock is dead and there is great sorrow in the Linux community at his loss.
- Slashdot: Ian Murdock Answers(Jul 28, 2000)
- Linux.com: The Ian Murdock interview(Jul 13, 2000)
- Stories of Linux: Interview with Ian Murdock on Debian's Early Days(Jul 07, 2011)
- ZDNet: Ian Murdock: Making Solaris More Like Linux(Mar 29, 2007)
- Linux Magazine: Debian Founder Launches Commercial Company [Interview with Ian Murdock](Jul 24, 2000)
- OpenSolaris Users to Ian Murdock, Sun: You're Missing the Point(Jul 19, 2007)
- ZDNet: Ian Murdock on the Debian Core Consortium and Ubuntu Foundation(Jul 14, 2005)
- Debian Founder Threatens Suicide on Twitter, Reports Police Abuse, Allegedly(Dec 30, 2015)
- Debian Turns 14 Today!(Aug 17, 2007)
- Happy 20th Birthday, Debian(Aug 17, 2013)
- Debian Stays True to Its Roots(Aug 29, 2007)