iPad dominates, but low-end Android tablets the real growth story
May 02, 2013, 14:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
Tablet shipments reached 49.2 million units in the January-to-March period, 142.4 percent more than in the same quarter in 2012, market research firm IDC said on Wednesday. Apple's iPads accounted for 19.5 million units, an increase of 65.3 percent.
Samsung Electronics, Asus, Amazon Inc and Microsoft all grew their tablet shipments and eked out market share gains against Apple.
- Apple, Android Battle for Enterprise App Market Share(Jul 24, 2012)
- Apple iOS vs. Google Android: It comes down to security(Dec 04, 2012)
- Paul Allen Sues Apple, Google, Others Over Patents(Aug 29, 2010)
- 6 free Android apps that challenge iPhones market(Jun 20, 2011)
- What Really Made Steve Jobs So Angry at Google?(Sep 12, 2012)
- Support for Apple iOS over Android for enterprise apps widens significantly(Jul 27, 2012)
- Apple-Samsung patent trial: a guide to the key issues(Aug 23, 2012)