Release Digest: KDE, January 25, 2004
Jan 26, 2004, 05:00 (0 Talkback[s])
"TagLib is a C++ library for reading and modifying audio meta
data, commonly called "tags". TagLib is used in the upcoming KDE
3.2 release for audio meta data..."
- "search results which have no open slots are printed in
- "new icon!
- "added a sensible "confirm-delete"-dialog to the
- "added german translation
- "Fixed the bug that caused the window to widen when
(pre)viewing files with long filenames.
- "Filtering search results has been implemented. This allows you
to filter search results while you type..."
- "smart playlist generator
- "rudimental CD burning support
- "save gui setup
- "localization (french, german and dutch already
"Version 0.6.1 is a bugfix release, correcting some annoying
problems such as the constellation hyperlinks and the group stats
- "You can now edit individual components of an application
configuration without having to re-edit the whole thing.
- "The menus have been rewritten for (hopefully) more intuitive
use. Let me know if you don't like the changes.
- "MAJOR new feature!: Alternate Entries. This feature lets you
configure a button to alternate between two different commands
(such as a play command and a pause command). For programs which
lack a single "play-pause" function (like Xine), this can be very
useful. A button configured with an Alternate will switch which
command it runs every other time the button is pressed. Note: You
do NOT have to reconfigure your lineakd.conf for this. All the work
is done internally by Media-Detect..."
"An applet to display Islamic prayer times..."
"KExchange is a currency converter for over 150 currencies using
up-to-date exchange rates from the PACIFIC Exchange Rate
"This is a bugfixes and new features release. kArchiver now
support Zip and Rar archives which are password protected. It also
prompt the user before overwriting existing files on the
"KSlide is a simple puzzle game compatible with the K Desktop
"Kern is a konqueror plugin for the visualization and basic
processing of 1D NMR data..."
"Allows Kopete to embed into the Universal Sidebar and become
part of your KDE desktop as opposed to a floating window..."
"This development snapshot provides some significant interface
changes, up to six beats per measure, and fixes a few usability
"KRelais is an electronic design and simulation program for KDE
"Added Fedora Core 1 rpm packages..."
"0.11.1: fixed an issue introduced with KDE 3.2rc1 which caused
on-the-fly data writing to fail all the time..."
"KRename 2.9.0 supports finally KIO-Slaves. I.e. you can rename
files over fish://, ftp:// or smb:// and all other protocols
supported by the KIO-slave technology..."
Konq Rellinks 0.3
"0.3 : First really usable version..."
"This is a wrapper around the console killall program that works
transparently with kdeinit'd processes..."
"Fixed Dock Icon refreshing problem.
Added an About Page
Added dialog boxes to inform of events that are happening.
Fixed the 'allow non root use' checkbox..."
Kate 2.2 RC1
"Kate is a multi-document, multi-view text editor for KDE,
shipped with the KDEBASE package..."
KWrite 4.2 RC1
"KWrite is a simple texteditor, with syntaxhighlighting,
codefolding, dynamic word wrap and more, it's the lightweight
version of Kate, providing more speed for minor tasks..."
Folding@home Kicker Applet 0.9.5
- "Merge project points for work queue from qd.c (22 January,
- "Detect and read user information from existing client.cfg
file, if it exists
- "New Feature: Option to start Folding@home automatically when
the applet starts
- "Fixed client software restart bug when preferences are
"NewPKI is a PKI based on the OpenSSL low-level API, all the
datas are handled through a database, which provides a much more
flexible PKI than with OpenSSL, such as seeking a certificate with
a search engine..."
"01/27/04 : First beta release of the level editor..."
"EventWatcher is a KDE application which notifies you about
- "default VisualBoyAdvance config file used as conf file
- "possibility to edit all command line options manually in
- "Options Tab divided to 3: general, path, visual
- "screenshot directory changable from GUI..."
- "Info window shows now wlan settings like ESSID, Access Point
- "German translation included.
- Following bug removed:
The info window was possibly not displayed correct (out of screen),
if kicker panel or kwireless changed their position. Now the
position of info window is correctly calculated..."
- "Create archive dialog now has KLineEdit for command to execute
after each slice has been created. Use this for running xcdroast,
or mkisofs | cdrecord, PArchive, etc.
- "Some credits added to "About KDar" dialog
- ""About KDar" dialog now reports libdar features, such as
largefile support, infinint bit-size, etc.
- "Slice size and First slice size are now stored as strings in
kdarrc (configuration file). The user can now choose the slice size
units from a droplist (B, kB, MB, GB, TB)..."
KTrayNetworker 0.2 alfa
"This program put an icon into KDE tray, it highlights network
"Now without dependancy on QT 3.3 and with configure