Lesson Re-Learned Yet Again: Beware of Suits Bearing Code
Oct 20, 2008, 12:32 (2 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Ken Starks)
[ Thanks to helios for this link.
"You sat in that chair and told me in front of 400
people that IBM wasn't particularly interested in Linux as a
"product"...Linux is only a "component".
"Well that "component" has lined your pockets in gold. You've
benefited from the work of thousands of developers over a decade on
order for you to use that "component". More importantly, The Linux
Desktop stands as a digital salvation for those who don't know they
have a viable choice in the way they operate their computers.
Somehow I get the impression that those people don't rate your
attention or concern."
- Editor's Note: Beware of Suits Bearing Code(Jul 29, 2006)
- Linux Foundation Opening Doors to Individual Participation(Sep 20, 2008)
- Why GNU/Linux Needs Slick Marketing(Sep 19, 2008)
- Minds Meet to Mull Linux Marketing(Sep 19, 2008)
- Seinfeld Ads End as Microsoft Turns to Reclaim 'I'm a PC' Slur From Apple(Sep 18, 2008)
- Linux Doesn't Need Slick Marketing(Sep 18, 2008)
- Linux Promotion in Mall Kiosks(Sep 16, 2008)
- Ohio Linux Fest Looms!(Sep 12, 2008)
- How to Fight Your Dumb CIO(Sep 09, 2008)
- Where do Community Managers Fit?(Sep 07, 2008)