iPad to Grow Market Share Over Android Tablets: IDC
Jun 18, 2012, 10:00 (1 Talkback[s])
Apple's iPad will grow its share of the booming tablet market over its Android-based rivals this year, thanks in large part to new features introduced with the iPad 3 and the company's decision to reduce the prices further on the iPad 2, according to market research firm IDC.
The prediction comes as IDC analysts, citing the expected strong demand for media tablets in the second half of the year, increased their forecasts for the market overall, calling for 107.4 million tablets to be sold this year, up from the previous expectation of 106.1 million.
- Android smartwatch smackdown!(Oct 31, 2011)
Ubuntu running Google Android. Does it matter?(May 27, 2009)
- First Android Phone?(Jan 09, 2008)
- Google has forked Android(Jan 27, 2011)
- The dirty little secret about Google Android(Aug 23, 2010)
- Why Microsoft Loves Google Android, Take 2(Dec 24, 2007)
- The great Ars Android interface shootout(Jul 24, 2013)
- Android's (quiet) killer feature(Jan 31, 2013)
- Android shines as a mobile platform(Feb 11, 2013)