Burying the truth? Boycott Novell hit by Denial of Service attack
May 19, 2009, 17:32 (7 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols)
[ Thanks to Steven J.
Vaughan-Nichols for this link. ]
"In an e-mail interview with Schestowitz, he wrote that
he's trying to make the best of a bad situation, "I guess the most
reassuring way to look at it is as a sign of success. If they try
to shut us up so miserably by resorting to crime, then it means our
writings have great impact."
"As for the DDoS attack, Schestowitz wrote, the site "has been
under DDoS attack for 3 days now. We're still struggling to just
stay online while hosts investigate where the attacks come from."
In the meantime, he has spoken to the British police about the
- Embrace, Extend, and Microsoft Wants to Toss IBM Out of ODF(May 08, 2009)
- How many desktop Linux users?(May 06, 2009)
- Gnote Enters Fedora
(May 04, 2009)
- Official Novell/Microsoft Web Site (MoreInterop) Calls Moonlight "Microsoft Moonlight"(Apr 27, 2009)
- 'Maddog' Hall: How open-source software can dominate the world(Apr 27, 2009)
- Microsoft Unleashes Its Paid Guns to Fight European Regulators(Apr 22, 2009)
- Stallman Explains Why Software Patents are Wrong(Apr 21, 2009)
- Antitrust Memo Shows How Microsoft Patent Encumbrances Are Used to Harm GNU/Linu(Apr 15, 2009)