Author Interview: Jan Erik Solem Programming Computer Vision with Python
Sep 13, 2012, 19:00 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Floss4Science)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
Date: 1/31/2018 @ 2 p.m. ET
F4S: Tell us the story behind your book “Programming Computer Vision with Python“.
I wanted to write a book with a low entry level that teaches enough computer vision to solve real world problems and build applications using open source and free software. I was inspired by books like Programming Collective Intelligence by Toby Segaran and thought that something like this should be written for computer vision.
Initially it started from a series of blog posts at janeriksolem.net that grew into a half-finished book. I then posted updates online for about six months, collecting feedback and comments before finalizing the book with O’Reilly.
- Interview With Gnome Release Manager Frederic Peters(May 07, 2012)
- Exclusive Fedora Interview(May 27, 2008)
- FOSDEM Interview: Florent Benoit(Jan 15, 2004)
- Video Interviews from GUADEC(Sep 03, 2010)
- Interview with Salih Emin of Utappia(May 07, 2012)
- Interview: SciRuby Team(Aug 21, 2011)
- KernelTrap: Interview: Jens Axboe(Jan 31, 2007)
- Interview: Avi Kivity(Apr 24, 2007)
- Building a Linux distribution from scratch Interview(Sep 10, 2012)
- Exclusive Interview: Alasdair Lumsden(Sep 12, 2012)