Has Microsoft ruined computer education?
May 09, 2012, 17:00 (10 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Locutus)
WEBINAR: On-demand Event
Replace Oracle with the NoSQL Engagement Database: Why and how leading companies are making the switch REGISTER >
I have noticed that as the years have gone by there are less and less computer savy people around. Sure they know how to "use" computers and electronic equipment but they do not know how to make the computers do what they want. They are more of a "monkey see, monkey do" mentality. This is not from people who wore long shorts when televisions were black and white. This is from people who have never known a life without computers.
These people who have all the opportunity in the world to take control of their technological life are not doing so. From what I have read around the tubes and heard as well as seen with my own four peepers the interest, indeed ability in manipulating the guts and goo of computers is rapidly declining. So much so that a Florida university is shutting down it's computer research lab and some bloggers are calling for more to be shut down.
- Education, Education, Education(May 15, 2007)
- Open Source Software In Education(Feb 15, 2011)
- Zen Gift of Education(Feb 06, 2008)
- Free Software in Education(May 24, 2009)
- Educational Programs in GNU/Linux(Apr 16, 2008)
- Deploying education desktops - made easier(Feb 13, 2009)
- Linux in education: a genuine alternative(Dec 29, 2010)
- Linux Focus: Linux as an educational tool(Oct 22, 1998)