Is 2008 going to be the Year of the Acquisition? Activity in 2007 was on the rise but now things seem to be at full speed.
- I remember when Alta Vista and Excite! were the hot search engines, my how the world has changed. It looks like it’s narrowing down to a two horse race with Microsoft putting the moves on Yahoo! for about $44.6 billion (Notes from SearchEngineLand). I guess it’s really on now, Google versus Microsoft in a search engine death match.
- Yahoo! acquired Zimbra last year. I wonder what that means for the "Exchange killer"?
- Amazon is acquiring Audible.com the leading provider of digital spoken word content establishing itself even further as the web’s biggest superstore.
- There were already three open source transactions in January:
- In preparation Andrew Aiken and the boys from the Olliance Group are ready to help along the deals with their newly formed M&A practice.
The question now is,"Who’s next and how much?"
For more Mark Hinkle, visit his Socialized Software blog.