Thanks to Rik van
Riel for this link.
The European Universities’ Linux User Groups project is mainly
about bringing the (often very) different LUGs from European
universities, hochschule and technical schools together in order
- Help each other out on projects and technical trouble.
- Strengthen the European Linux movement and the LUGs taking part
- Keep each other informed about what’s happening on a local and
national level. This will become more and more important now that
Europe is integrating ever more closely.
- Stimulate each other to be more active in promoting Linux and
organizing local events.
- Exchange ideas for LUG activities so the individual groups will
be more vibrant and never out of ideas.
- Let the European hacker/students get to know each other and
have a good time at actual meetings like Linux-Kongress,
SANE and similar events.
- Possibilities for the future: organize larger events; visit
each other; do exchange projects; work together on software
The most important way to achieve these goals is with mailing
lists. This is the forum of choice because everybody can
participate in the discussions and e-mail stimulates people to do
Providing information about local groups and major Linux and
Open Source events can be done through this page. Keeping people
informed often means keeping people involved. This is considered a
Good Thing(tm) so it’s worth it keeping this site up-to-date.