- THE TRIAL: the Justice Department’s lawsuit against
- THE DOMAIN NAME GAME: the U.S. handed over control of the
Internet’s naming system to a nonprofit supranational agency.
- PORTALS IN A STORM: everyone wants to be one.
- MA CABLE: AT&T wants to be your one-stop telecom provider –
Net access, long-distance, paging and cable.
- DISNEY’S WORLD: Finally, Disney gets the Net.
- NET STOCK MANIA: that high-risk bet could have doubled,
tripled, quadrupled – maybe even quintupled.
- AMAZIN’ AMAZON: sold over $300 million in the first nine
- INTO THE GREAT WIDE OPEN: “While Microsoft struggles mightily
to fend off antritrust charges, its dominant position in the
software world is being challenged by a quiet but dangerous
development: the coming of age of open-source software.”
“In rebutting the Justice Department’s antitrust charges,
Microsoft’s lawyers pointed to Linux as an example of how quickly
competitors can rise from obscurity.”
- THE STARR REPORT: an estimated 6 million people were
immediately on the Net reading the charges.
- FAREWELL, NETSCAPE: a moment of silence.
Thanks to Jeffery
Cann for this link.