GNOME War Pad 0.3.3
GNOME War Pad 0.3.3
A ‘VGA Planets’ client for the GNOME platform. VGA Planets is a
turn-based space strategy game that can be played by 11 players at
once. This game is being played since Fidonet times, and have lots
of fans that still play on those old DOS clients, it’s time for a
GNU/Linux one 🙂
- Message reader uses colored headers according to the message
body. (bad news, good news, etc…)
- Added ‘check’ unit testing framework to build system with some
- New Python plugin architecture added to the environment: it
features a plugin manager, a plugins menu, a plugin navigator and
two test plugins (ship finder and ship list browser).
- GWP now uses at least autoconf 1.7.
- French translation added.
- German translation updated.
- Spanish translation updated.
- Plugin system can load user plugins from ~/.gwp/plugins/
- Added some functions to gwp Python module for use within
- A first version of the Visual Combat Recording (VCR) – which
can now read the vcrX.dat files and replay the combats
- The plugin manager features an ‘event hub’ to broadcast all
application events to its registered plugins.
- Planets and ships emit an event when selected.
- The game state sybsystem saves the registered plugins list so
that the next GWP run those plugins will automatically be
initialized for every defined game.
- Game manager was polished: game icon’s labels show the turn
number of every game, and its application bar shows the number of
- Started works to migrate to a Model-View-Controller kind of
- Online help was updated and expanded to include GWP’s new
- Game state subsystem re-written to be more easily managed.
- Several code cleanups regarding old game state structure.
- Iconlist on game manager doesn’t segfault anymore when arrow
keys are pressed. Also, hitting Return will open the selected
- Annoying toolbar is gone, its functions were moved to the
- Zoom level corrected, now X and Y coordinates are restored
correctly when zoom is not 100%.
- a,w,d,s keys for starchart scrolling were changed to arrow
- Online help now it’s loaded pressing the F1 key.
- Online help now works correctly again.
GNOME system monitor 2.8.0
GNOME System Monitor 2.8.0 has been released
New in 2.8.0
* HIG fix for the preference dialog
* Updated translations
GNOME Terminal 2.8.0
I just released GNOME Terminal 2.8.0
This is mostly a release to get updated translations and to have
a new release for GNOME 2.8.1.
– HIG fixes
– a11y fixes for the encodings menu
– fix georgian encoding
– added and updated translations