The Mops is a free 3D modeling environment written in C with
The program is available from The Mops Home Page:
The Mops features at a glance:
- RIB (RenderMan Interface Bytestream) export.
- Support for NURB curves and (trimmed) NURB surfaces, Boxes,
Quadrics (Sphere, Disk, Cylinder, Cone, Hyperboloid, Paraboloid and
Torus). All primitives may be combined with the common CSG
operations Intersection, Difference and Union.
- NURB modeling includes extrude (with caps, holes and bevels),
revolve (with caps), sweep and skin operations.
- Custom objects that may freely implement their representations
(using OpenGL and RIB) and even small GUIs to edit their type
specific parameters may be written by the user and dynamically
loaded at runtime.
- Scripting interface: Tcl.
- Misc: instancing, arbitrary number of modeling views, object
clipboard, independent property clipboard, console, single level
undo, 3DMF import/export.