Now that Zope 2.0 final is out, it’s time to start trying to
understand and put to use all the cool new stuff in Zope 2.
The new Zope.org website, while still in beta, is starting to
become a great source of information for Zope users. There are
already 37 How-Tos on the site, all searchable. The new site will
soon replace the existing Zope.org site.
* Chris Petrilli updated the Oracle and ODBC Database
* Amos Latteier released Alpha 2 of XML Document
* Brian Lloyd posted an informative How-To on External Methods
* Work continues on the new Zope.org site. Mike Pelletier has
been hardening the cataloging and reviewing facilities and sprucing
up the existing ZClasses. Amos Latteier posted a proposal for Topic
objects to help with organizing and browsing content. Currently
there are 537 Members of Zope.org!
* The 5th Berlin BBQ hosted by beehive happens Friday, September
17 at 16:00. Be there if you can make it to Berlin!
* The Portland Oregon Python Interest Group had it’s first
meeting on 9/6/1999. Amos Latteier gave a talk on Zope and XML. The
slides are on-line.
* Evan Simpson released version 0.0.1 of his very cool Python
Method Product. This product promises to allow safe Python
programming through the web!
* Andreas Kostyrka posted a fix for using Confera 1.3.1 with
Zope 2.0 final.
* Zope t-shirts were discussed. It turns out that some already
exist, and that the have a dangerous logo on the back.
* Janko Hauser posted about CIS (Community Information System) a
very impressive looking Zope project.
* If you haven’t already seen it, check out the ZDP’s awesome
Zope Quick Reference.
See you next week.
-- Amos Latteier mailto:[email protected] Digital Creations http://www.digicool.com