From the DVD On Linux
We have developed the Linux drivers for a PCI DVD decoder board.
The board is still a reference design. Right now we are looking for
someone who is interested in manufacturing the board. So if you are
a hardware manufacturer, a investor, or someone else who is
interested in producing the PCI card, feel free to do it.
PCI DVD Decoder card
Some features of the board:
- Fully compliant with DVD specifications (including CSS copy
- Realtime hardware decompression of DVD/MPEG-2 and
- Interface to the graphics display subsystem (VGA)
- Analog Video Out (PAL/NTSC)
- Decodes MPEG Audio and Dolby AC-3
If you want to see the board, click here. We are
working on the driver for this board. We have video and audio and
can watch StarWars on our TV set. The link to the driver source
code is coming soon. Unfortunalely the driver is not very useful
without the card…
Linux DVD API
We are working on a proposal for a Linux DVD API. This is how we think the basics
Brief overview of DVD-Video
We collected some Information about the DVD file
system and the different file types on a DVD.