Hey there folks! Today I present to you a small test I did with the recent Wine 1.7.1. The video showcases the differences of games running in a normal Wine 1.7.1 versus a patched Wine 1.7.1.
A couple of weeks ago, Stefan Dösinger of CodeWeavers released a series of patches that were meant to boost the performance of Direct3D in Wine. While I was browsing various Linux forums, many people claimed to experience a nice boost in performance whilst others claimed they met regressions/bugs, or nothing different at all.
I decided to test these patches myself, and with the help of Sobkas on guiding me with the compilation process, I present to you the following video!