* Singapore marks the second location in the Asia-Pacific region for the company and seventh overall.
* Fully native SSD servers with Intel E5 processors and 40 Gbps of redundant connectivity are available immediately.
Galloway, NJ – May 4, 2015 – Linode, a leading provider of cloud-hosting services, today announced the expansion of its Asia-Pacific presence with a new datacenter in Singapore. This new location, created to meet the growing demands of the region’s rapidly growing technology and information sector, marks Linode’s second in the region and seventh overall.
???We’ve been making simple cloud infrastructure available since 2003,??? COO Thomas Asaro explained. ???Within the next three years APAC cloud-computing usage is forecast to outpace the rest of the world. By launching our datacenter in Singapore, we’re meeting that demand head-on and showing our commitment to making reliable cloud-hosting services accessible to everyone, everywhere.???
Information technology research and advisory company Gartner recently predicted the public cloud services market in the APAC-region would exceed $7.4 billion in 2015, a 14.2-percent increase over 2014. And by 2018, Gartner predicts an $11.5 billion market for total cloud services in Asia Pacific and Japan.
Linode’s latest expansion anticipates that growth and extends three user-valuable criteria the company is known for:
* Expanded worldwide presence????? Launching Singapore, the company will have its second datacenter in the Asia-Pacific region and its seventh worldwide.
* Consistency – Since 2003 the company has grown by reinvesting its profits to provide the highest performing cloud infrastructure available.
* Trust – According to BuiltWith and CloudHarmony, Linode is now home to more than 580,000 websites and has a greater than 99.99 percent service availability average across all of its datacenters.
For its newest datacenter Linode evaluated numerous locations before selecting Singapore. Of all the locations tested, Singapore met or exceeded every benchmark. According to project lead Brett Kaplan, adding Singapore to the mix was a ???no-brainer??? because ???it’s the hot-spot for innovative businesses looking to establish a presence in the region.???
Linode already has a regional presence in Tokyo and will continue to invest in its infrastructure around the world. Just last year the company invested $45 million in upgrades and is targeting summer 2015 to launch its second European datacenter in Frankfurt, Germany, as a complement to its existing location in the UK.
Linode (www.linode.com | @linode) is a leading cloud-hosting provider founded in 2003. Today, the company boasts more than 350,000 customers worldwide with four data centers in the US as well as three others in Europe and Asia.??
Subscribers can create a cloud server with Linode in under a minute for as low as $10 per month.??Users can then dynamically scale their environments to meet business demands – paying for only what they use, with no long-term commitments.??
In February 2015,??BuiltWith.com??ranked Linode – home to more than 580,000 websites on the Internet – in the Top-10 of all web-hosting providers. Additionally,??CloudHarmony??indicates a greater than 99.99 percent average for service availability throughout Linode’s datacenters.