Zope Weekly News is a digest of some of the useful and
interesting events which have occurred on the zope-announce mailing
list and the Zope.org site. It is published each Tuesday before
Any opinions contained in the Zope Weekly News are those of the
* imeme.net is offering an exceptional, low-end Zope hosting
package. Not only do you get Zope (with some nice Products), but
they throw in email (supported by the also exceptional WorldPilot
package, or any IMAP client) and a mailing list (managed by
MailMan), lagniappe. Try free for two weeks.
* ZopeBrasil has a new address.
* Alexandre Ratti has translated the last two ZWN issues into
French, and has posted them on the fledgling Zope-France site.
Additional translations should appear here, as time permits.
* James Orbin would like to set up (or would like to participate
in) a Zope users group for Ohio. If you are interested, please
write James, or see:
* Software Product: ListMate Table Generator, by
“ListMate is a ZClass based product that allows zope users to
easily define, create and administer table structures. Use it for
intranet or internet presentation of all kinds of tabular data,
such as delivery services, hardware lists, ip-adresses, contacts,
addresses, … It contains a complete administrative toolset so
that handling and maintenance are very easy.”
* Software Product: GenericUserFolder (GUF), by Stuart
GUF has been revved up to 1.2.2. This is strictly a bug-fix
release, and deals with all reported bugs. GUF is a tool for
rolling your own UserFolder (the object which authenticates users
of a Zope server).
* Software Product: LDAP authentication adapter product, by
Version 0.98.3 has been released. This release includes changes
proposed by LDAPUserFolder users, and is being called “non-urgent”.
If you intend to upgrade, please read the product page carefully.
This product makes it possible to authenticate Zope users using an
external LDAP database.
* Software Product: Wide String support for ZPublisher, by
The wstring package has been updated to v0.2. This package is
actually a set of patches to Zope to make it support wide strings.
This update works with Zope 2.1.6.
* How-To: Postmortem Debugging In Zope, by Chris McDonough This
How-To provides a twist on Michel Pelletier’s The Debugger Is Your
Friend document. Using the postmortem feature of the pdb, you can
examine the state of your server at the point where the last
exception occurred. This can be very handy when you don’t know why
an exception is being thrown.
* Tip: Zope and regular content via ProxyPass, by “bfordham”
This tip describes how to serve the root of a site from a Zope
server, but serve specific portions of the site via Apache.
* News Item: New Zope.org feature: Author feedback, by
Now you can send feedback to the author of any content on
Zope.org. There is a link to this feature at the bottom of each