The Open vSwitch team is pleased to announce the release of Open vSwitch 2.4.0:
This release contains the largest number of new features of an Open vSwitch release. A few feature highlights of 2.4.0 include:
– Support for the Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (IEEE 802.1D-2004).
– Support for multicast snooping (IGMPv1, IGMPv2 and IGMPv3).
– A new “conjunctive match” OpenFlow extension that allows flows to be
constructed without introducing a Cartesian Product explosion.
– Add bash command-line completion for most CLI commands.
– Support for transactional flow updates through OpenFlow 1.4 Bundles.
– A number of new features from the latest OpenFlow specifications.
– A simple wrapper script, ‘ovs-docker’, to integrate OVS with Docker
– Support for STT and basic Geneve tunneling in Linux kernels.
– Support for VXLAN Group Policy extension.
– Support for DPDK Tunneling. VXLAN, GRE, and Geneve are supported
– Support for DPDK vHost.
– And many others. See the full change log here: