Author Paul Ferris gives us a list of reasons why Linux should
be the new desktop of choice and why it should be pre-loaded on all
new personal computers.
- GNU/Linux is inexpensive
- GNU/Linux provides for more diversity in hardware choices
- GNU/Linux is new!
- GNU/Linux is more powerful and faster on the same hardware
- It’s cool!
- GNU/Linux is net-centric
- GNU/Linux will cost less to support
- GNU/Linux has open source code, providing for a broader base of
- GNU/Linux is more secure
- GNU/Linux sells more hardware
- GNU/Linux sells more software
- GNU/Linux will provide a vertical integration not present today
with open systems
- Many people won’t even care what GNU/Linux is
- GNU/Linux will allow you more room for vendor
“Wake up! Look around. The playing field can be leveled, and the
ultimate leveler – GNU/Linux is here.”