[ David Clarke writes:
“Knowledge, Technology and Policy” is publishing a theme issue
on “Open-Source Software”. Submissions are due 1 October 1999.
Provocative questions are invited for analysis:
- Why should universities use commercial software when
open-source software is more congruent with the ideal of open,
- Can you make money giving away your product?
- Can open-source software development be managed
- Can open-source methods produce feature-rich software?
- Which is more reliable and better supported: open-source or
- How and why do open-source development efforts fail?
- What are the intellectual property problems?
- What are the ethical problems?
- Just how hot is this going to heat up?
Visit KT&P’s website for more information: http://www.siu.edu/departments/ats/kt&p/KT&P.htm
Or contact the Editor, David Clarke at: [email protected]