This article by Jessica Davis is a valuable analysis of the
pressures in the IT industry.
But what makes this one a must-read is the list of 1998 hits,
misses and maybes compiled by InfoWorld editors. Here are a few
- Linux/open source: Huddled masses yearning to be free.
- NDS: Novell cashes in meal ticket.
What’s not hot
- Windows 2000: There are 2001 reasons to wait.
- Java: Shakespearean tragedy marked by greed, politics &
- Microsoft Office: There’s fat, and then there’s obese.
- Netscape: Poland, 1939.
You won’t regret reading this one.