“MiniVend is the most powerful free shopping cart system
available today. Its features and power rival the costliest
commercial systems.” (from the MiniVend Web site)
****** message to minivend-announce from Mike Heins ******
Minivend-4.01 introduces the following:
- Linux binaries will be tracked with all releases. The RPM spec
files have been published, so it should be possible for users on
other processors/operating systems to build binaries for those
Some things that are present in the Linux binary:
- Log files are kept in /var/log/minivend
- Demo catalogs are pre-built and placed in
/var/lib/minivend/basic and /var/lib/minivend/simple.
- PID and socket files go in /var/run/minivend
- Main config file is /etc/minivend.cfg
- /etc/rc.d/init.d/minivend script added, adds starts for
runlevels 3, 4, 5, stops for rest of the levels.
- /etc/logrotate.d/minivend log rotation added.
MiniMate and minivend-docs RPMs are also provided.
They are not relocatable yet, sorry. I think I may be able to
figure that one out eventually….
- Bug in [query …] and other tags fixed. It prevented
[more-list] … [/more-list] from working properly.
- Bug in build procedure found, should prevent binaries and man
pages ending up in strange places.
- Rework of some things in makecat to make catalogs relocatable
Internet Robotics, 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH 45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 [email protected]